Apr 14, 2007

Apr 14 - Hostage Crisis Over!

the squadron commander of the squadron i will eventually end up at (94th FS) is a good friend of mine. i told him in Jan/Feb to think of any excuse for me to work around the squadron while i wait on clearances, it would be beneficial to his squadron getting to know me and even more so for me just to be home. so i guess he finally figured out something for me to do. i got a phone call on wednesday saying that my LM boss was quite eager to sign off on it b/c they are "very worried about keeping me happy". by friday afternoon i was on a plane back home!

the LM guy that will train me for the F22 specific job (once the clearances are finalized) is about to go on his Reserve Navy duty in europe. he won't be back in the country until early june. so it seems that i will be "stuck" here at home until june! ha! fran was disappointed in the change, b/c she was looking forward to going to live on the florida beach after her classes finished, but i guess she'll settle for me being at home in the meantime! :)

so i have been "promoted" to being the squadron scheduler while i wait on things. funny...that was the same job i did when i was a Capt. at least i'm getting paid better! :)

2 comments:

Larry Wu said...

Yo, Mister Myers! Doesn't that sound weird?! Love the blog...the whole hostage crisis thing is funny. Tell Fran I said "hi". I loved that mustang fastback (1964 red one). I had a rental like your mustang, had much better luck with it...I thought it was tight, handled well, but yes, burned a little petrol.

r of randf said...

glad you like the blog...before it nearly died.

i'm still trying to figure out which program on the Mac i like best to add daily updates. Unfortunately the new one i think prefer won't post to the "blogger" family of blogs.

i'll let you know if i go with the new program and where that one will post to.