Jul 26, 2007

Sunset over Great Salt Lake. I went to a traini...



Sunset over Great Salt Lake. I went to a training course near Hill AFB last week. I've been there several times before, but never went out to Antelope Island. Too bad, b/c it is just a short drive from the hotel area where I've always stayed. The drive along the causeway leading out to the island was nearly unbearable b/c of the rotten fish smell but I'm glad I continued. The smell was enough to nearly make me gag.


But out on the island it seemed light years away. Looking across the water as sunset approached I could have been on a Greek island. What clearly put me back in the western US was the herds (yes, I said herds) of buffalo, pronghorn antelope, and mule deer wandering around. I even saw a coyote wandering around, all within a stone's throw of the car window.

Today's recommendation is easy: Antelope Island State Park.

Previous photos were from my camera phone. Better photos from a real digital camera to follow.

No comments: