May 21, 2008

Does this gas crunch make my butt look big?

This journalistic gem from ABC "News":

"I don't really get out and enjoy things anymore, I just kind of sit at
home and go to and from work and grocery shopping and that's it,"
Giamei said.


Giamei is adopting measures to minimize her fuel use.


"My entire ride to and from work, I look at the gas tank to just see
how much fuel it's using and it really is amazing," she said. "So, I'm
even trying to drive below the speed limit to use less gas, and it's
just a constant looking at my fuel gauge to see how much gas I've used,
so, as soon as it goes below half a tank, I think, 'Oh, my God, I have
to put gas in my car again.'"

So, increasing gas prices has forced this poor woman to sit on the couch and watch her butt grow, but also taught her that cars have a gas gauge? At least her carbon footprint is shrinking while her couchprint is growing.

I guess it is a step in the right direction that she realizes that slower speeds consume less fuel. I just hope that all that "constant looking" isn't too distracting. After all, how's she supposed to make a mobile phone call while driving with all those distracting speed limits and fuel consumption calculations?

Hey lady, that speed limit thing...it's a limit, not a mandatory speed. Physics...what a wonderful thing.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

di said...

my, my, my such sarcasm from one so....oops! can't say young anymore! don't you have another birthday coming up? :)

did you have any damage from the storm?