Jan 4, 2009

Beer for now. Saki later!

I'm not sure why they invented the 15 hour passenger flight. It's
probably against the international ban on torture. But at least they
have beer here.

Funny thing, I don't feel like I'm in japan. After passing thru
immigration I made my way to the domestic departure area for the Tokyo
to Okinawa leg. After being in real japan for 30 minutes I now feel
like I'm in any ordinary US airport. This waiting area is full of
Americans on their way to Kadena. Tshirts, tennis shoes, baseball
caps over military haircuts, even a cowboy hat or two, and the dead
giveaway...every other word is "f*ck".

6 comments:

campcook said...

i don't know wtf you're talking about! americans don't talk like that!

how's the beer? too bad you can't send some back, i would like to try it!

campcook said...

The first comment made at 9:41 am was made by DI, not by campcook. I was logged in to her g-mail on her computer, and she didn't notice!

My comment is: things must have really changed since I made my trip to Japan around 1990, 'cause it was difficult finding my way around the airport! I don't think I tasted the beer, but did have some saki. That's where I bought the saki set I have. They served it warmed, and it was VERY good!

gatosmom said...

Who the f*ck do you think you are?? I agree with Diana! lmfao! Bring me home one of those silk robes made for stupid American tourists will ya? PLEEEEASE?

di said...

i don't know wtf mom is talking about there, i was still in bed at 9:41 this morning! it wasn't me i swear! :D

r of randf said...

you guys need to stop watching so much jerry springer!

di said...

i think i am insulted... i watch sally jesse! :)